Just going to Hawker Union this evening. Anyone who's been there, did you notice any vegetarian food? Not looking for vegetarian options @ other restaurants -- just wondering if I should eat before heading out.

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had the vega Venezuelan chip butty, was super. Didn’t look for any other options so didn’t notice

Thanks! I missed the chip butty but had a mushroom pizza, which was quite nice.

So I went last night. Overall, I'd say it's a good addition to Wood Green. It has a pretty relaxed vibe, generally feels like a little bit of Hackney Wick in Wood Green. There are trampolines for the kids and a play area with a padded floor upstairs. People brought their dogs & were generally hanging out. It's mostly a kid and dog-friendly space for adults, though we went late so I'm guessing that families came earlier.

We got there at 7:00 PM and much of the food was sold out already. I'm assuming the vendors didn't anticipate the number of people that came and that will be ironed out. I would like to see more vegetarian options - just so that vegetarians can join their meat-eating friends and family. The Street Feasts in other areas have more vendors so I'm assuming this one is a test & that they'll see a demand and market that can accommodate more choices.

I went early on Saturday and there was a great vibe - lots of young families, the World Cup football crowd and others that were looking to enjoy a few drinks with friends in the sunny outside space. They were handing out free drinks and I overheard they'd had more than 500 people in the first 2 hours.

I agree there was a small selection of food vendors compared to other Street Feasts which did mean there was high demand for what was on offer (which was yum I might add!). I think they struggled at points to meet the demand which is never a bad thing. The vast inside space means I think you're right about them expanding and hopefully we'll seem them continue to add to and build on this fantastic addition to Wood Green as a place to grab a bite to eat and enjoy a few drinks. 

PS. The Chin Chin London ice-cream was delicious (with vegan options).

Where is this? :-)

It's on an industrial estate. If you scroll down to the end there's a map: https://www.streetfeast.com/visit-us/hawker-union/

It's across the street from Karamel, in the Olympia trading estate.

When is it on - every Saturday or less regularly / more regularly?

It seems like it’s going to be every Friday, Saturday & Sunday for the rest of the summer.

Thanks for the info/update on this, Rachella. I am really looking forward to visiting next weekend when back in UK/NP. Looks great, hope there is at least some food/drink left later in the evening when I hope to visit :-) 

Well done, again, WOOD GREEN, for getting another interesting place on the map! 

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service