Local history (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Modernism in Metroland features Wood Green Gaumont Palace

When making my way down Wood Green High Road I often forget to look up at the beautiful examples of Victorian and Deco architecture we're f…

Started by Rachella Sinclair

4 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Joe

Aerial Photo of Noel Park 1938

Here is a link to a fine  aerial photo of Noel Park and Wood Green taken in 1938-- i.e. before any bomb damage. From the website "Britain F…

Started by Jeremy Buck

2 Oct 1, 2013
Reply by Jeremy Buck

Noel Park is one of the few existing "model dwellings" left in the country

Model Dwellings were buildings or estates constructed, mostly by the Victorians, to provide decent living accommodation for the working cla…

13 Sep 3, 2013
Reply by Mark Fawcett

Wood Green Shopping 1986

Inspired by Friends of Ducketts Common, I had a look at the Doomsday Reloaded site. Take a lot at this photo posted on the site called "Sho…

4 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by Rachella Sinclair

NBA arrives on Ducketts Common.

A huge operation began early this morning with several trucks and a bunch of men in hi-viz jackets. Preparations for this weekend's big NBA…

Started by Friends of Ducketts Common

0 Jul 11, 2013

Looking for more info on Tony or 'Winkel' and his DC tea bar ...

A little search on Google pulls up the BBC Domesday Reloaded project and a local character called Tony. A post on our facebook page suggest…

Started by Friends of Ducketts Common

0 Jul 8, 2013

A charming news clip from the 1938 opening of the Lordship Rec Model Traffic Area

The minister of transport presided over opening day. I don't know how to put it up as a video, but here's the link: http://www.britishpathe

Started by Eleanor Abernathy

0 Jul 3, 2013

WWII map of bombs dropped on Noel Park

Fascinating site for those interested in history. I'm sure most of us who live in Noel Park are aware of the post-war building built on for…

Started by Noel Park net

2 Apr 6, 2013
Reply by Jeremy Buck

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

© 2019   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service