Hi all

I've posted before about the conservation area requirements of Noel Park, keen to learn more and also work to preserve and improve the character of the area. Recently I noted that a house in Noel Park replaced its wooden sash windows with uPVC casement windows and so thought I'd raise it via the enforcement team at Haringey council. When I replace my windows I was hoping to go with modern wooden sash windows, so was keen to assess Haringey's willingness to enforce contravention of Article 4.

I've totally been given the runaround by the council - first they closed the complaint on the basis that the homeowner had told them they'd replaced the uPVC windows, ostensibly with wooden sash, but I quickly supplied a photo showing no change. Then I was told that the property wasn't in the conservation area, which again was quickly quashed with a photo of the conservation area map.

Then most recent contact from the enforcement team seemed to suggest that they felt the uPVC windows were appropriate, and I'm left somewhat stunned. I've followed up again to try and trace the logic and make sure they mean what I think they mean, but this leaves me stunned and unsure of the best course of action.

I feel saddened and disappointed that following the conservation area report of a couple of years ago, the council aren't willing to draw a line under previous lack of enforcement to try to improve the character of Noel Park. I can see so much potential in the area but it's going to be impossible to realise without support from the council.

So what to do? I'm thinking of speaking with our local councillor for some advice. Any thoughts from you all would be gratefully received.

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Rachella. Page 51 shows the recommendation to expand the conservation area. Do you know if that was taken forward and accepted by the governing body?

I was told that the appraisal was approved and accepted so I assumed this was approved. I'll see if I can get clarification.

Thanks Rachella, any joy?
I haven't had a response from my email, yet. I'll make a phone all on Monday too.
Thanks very much!

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

© 2019   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service