Hello Noel Park residents, Every week there is rubbish dumped on the corner of Moselle Ave and Vincent Road which is sad to see as it's not only looks horrible but often blocks the footpath. Sometime in the night of Saturday 18th someone dumped so much rubbish opposite between the Sparkles laundrette and 77 Moselle it reaches about 5 metres down the road. I have posted this and many other dumped rubbish on the Haringey site but I'm wondering if there's any neighbourhood watch in operation in the area? Dumped rubbish apparently costs Haringey council £3 million every year. What can we do about keeping Noel Park looking it's best?

Views: 68

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a Noel Park neighbourhood watch. They're on Noel Park net here: http://noelparknet.ning.com/profile/NeighbourhoodWatch

We've found that we get the quickest response to flytipping by tagging Veolia on Twitter @VeoliaUK. They seem to have a system in place to answer and respond to tweets and the rubbish is usually cleared within 24 hours. 

That doesn't address stopping the dumping from happening in the first place and why Noel Park seems to be such a magnet. it would be great to tackle this on the grassroots, with residents working together.

How do we join the neighbours watch? Do they meet or is it virtual?

Thanks for your reply. I've got the app now! The neighbourhood watch link could be useful. I guess it would be great to eventually all meet in person one day.

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service