A Go Ape is being proposed and full planning application is pending. 

This is the link for the application and where you can comment/object

Ref HGY/2015/3141

Please object asap checking the application attachments 

I have objected - it's not the place for it in my view. What do you think?

It sounds like a money making venture for a private company in a public park, with wildlife, deer enclosure and local community activities (and lots of peace and quiet!) charging £25-£35 per person (in other current locations). It will increase footfall, traffic, litter, noise. In my view this outweighs the fun and games they advertise.

I saw the link in the local Streetlife Forum 

Links: 

Go Ape

Phase 1 standard Habitat Survey (used in the determination of suitability for the proposal - re wildlife/habitats)

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this, Heidi. You're right, it doesn't fit in that environment. The thing that made my blood boil the most was the way the organisation miss-represented the Alexandra Park CAAC's objections.

I just put un an objection and it's not showing up on the website. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sometimes it takes a while to show on the website.

GoApe has been given go-ahead for their proposals HGY/2015/3141

Here is the link 

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

In my view this is a private company making profits of our parks and charging ridiculous entrance fees that only some can afford. I don't agree with the intrusion in the natural landscape/habitat/influx of visitors/traffic/noise. I understand the need for local income etc but disagree with this one. 

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

© 2019   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service