Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To undertake Parenting Assessments within the required timescales in accordance with the Framework.
- To assess and identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive service for children and young people, in care, subject to child protection plan or children in need.
- To implement care plans by working in partnership with parents and colleagues from other agencies to effect better outcomes for children/young people.
- To formulate care plans in partnerships with children and young people, their families and other providers of care and assistance based on these assessments.
- To produced courts statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority
- To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard to their age, sex, health, race, religion, culture and life experience as appropriate.
- These activities may be varied from time to time to meet the changing needs of the service
`full info here: social worker