Today is the first ever London History Day

In honour of the day, let's share historic photos of Noel Park. It would be really interesting to see what people have.

I'll start with the original plan for Noel Park estate and the five types of houses originally envisioned by the artisans. Notice the plan is slightly different with Russell Park in the middle instead of on the edge. This plan also doesn't include the flats on Gladstone AND our area used to be part of Hornsey. I wonder what the Hornsey Historical Society would make if that?

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's another from our local history exhibit: Morely Ave. in 1905 courtesy of Haringey Archives

Also, on the subject of Noel Park history, there a thread on WW2 in Noel Park here: ow.ly/7z6Q30cbwuJ I'll add some photos to that  when I can find time to look for them.

I know it's not London History day anymore, but here's another photo. This is the bridge leading to Noel Park train station. This station provided a way to deliver the many types of brick used to build Noel Park. Without it the bricks would have been manufactured on site of Yellow London clay which would have resulted in a completely different look from what we have today.

These are brilliant. Thanks.

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

© 2019   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service