You may have noticed a bunch of white x's on paving stones all over Noel Park. I caught the highways employee who was marking them as he was doing it in front of my house. Apparently, the pavers that are marked are going to be pulled up and replaced with tarmac.

When I called the council and questioned this I was told: "safety first". Surely there's a way to ensure pavements are safe to walk on without marring the pavements in this way? I walked all around Crouch End and Muswell Hill last weekend and I walk around (the Camden end) of Highgate every week and I've never seen any white x's nor patchwork paving stones with tarmac patches. Why is this ugliness reserved for Noel Park, especially since we're an article 4 conservation area?

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The replacement has already started. This is on Lymington, just north of Noel Park School. I've called and emailed all the council officers I can think to.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? The Highways department is extremely unreceptive.

Whats happening with this?

O dear. And am not surprised. But what makes it worse is that I doubt this would have happened in the more affluent parts of London. Is the local councillor being responsive to your efforts, with requesting some decent repair work? 

RSS

New Member Zone

If you've just joined Noel Park net, visit our New Member Zone for ideas on how to get the most out of the site. 

promote your business here

If you run a local business we're a low-cost way to access local residents. Contact the moderators at NoelPark.net@gmail.com for more info

Support our site

This is a volunteer-run community project. If you'd like to help us cover our costs so we can continue to provide this community service, please consider making a donation here.

© 2019   Created by Rachella Sinclair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service